For some time, We try to consider a pragmatic and correlation based on mathematical models between social networking and business development to meet the project business and Entrepreneurs Network, whose project is the main goal of the IEAGE.
Even today we can't get an unusual modeling, or close to it. However several interesting points, over the course of this research, There were clear and fit be shared with who may be developing similar research, or even who has any interest in this subject of social networks and their influence on the business environment.
Intuitively, for years, also, of course, the enjoyment of interaction in social networks is advantageous for small and medium-sized entrepreneurs. It only remains to prove this view, mathematically...
In the next articles, We will summarize some maturing still perspectives on social networks, its possible influence on the business environments and not only in business, and present some properties of networks and their relationship with international trade studies.
The type of social network for entrepreneurs is not to be drawn along the lines of one or a Facebook, Integral, Twitter, etc. (social networks and generic broad-spectrum), Although share several similar structural properties.
The vision would be more biased to have attributes similar to those of the LinkedIn network. In the LinkedIn network focus is on professional connections and in organized groups, within the network, for matters of common concern and specific. IE, We have a broad network spanning several segments (industries) and professional levels, While we have several dimensions where individual issues are discussed and focused on a specific theme and restricted.
The advantages, for small entrepreneurs, would be the communication and the exposure of their products and services for a low cost, or no cost. Also, There would be a geometric increase in the probability of, by means of these contacts have targeted (with the same focus of interest), emerging business contacts. In addition to, in a structure of these, create a braid or a cushioning the impact of economic crises/finance external to the business environment of small and medium entrepreneurs.
Regarding the last placement, fits a clarification of how this might work shield. Making an analogy with the physical communication network (the internet) There are studies on critical or alternative paths. In case of communication failure in some network nodes immediately alternative paths are defined, It would be a equivalent principle. Another example of analogy would be the electric power grid in case of failure of a circuit, There are alternative circuits automatically triggered to meet the demand of a region. Like this, the network of entrepreneurs also have their alternative circuits of contacts and of demand for their products and services.
Alongside the business perspective there is another fundamental and strategic vision that it is important to stress. With the expansion of the internet several paradigms on the information, its value and its contextualisation, are changing. It's not so easy to pass untrue information or conditioning the masses to a model of tax policies or the social and economic imperatives. Information flows freely and quickly over the network, What demand transparency and trust to disclose information, because this information is instantly checked, endorsed or criticized by thousands or milhões de network users. This view is corroborated by the sentence of Gilles Lipovetsky, French sociologist and philosopher: "The network promotes a decentralized society, more democratic and autonomous, contrary to the mass. ”
The counterpoint to the previous paragraph could be the analytical capacity to evaluate the individual information and ponder its origin and its fundamentals. So there is this judgment based, knowledge is required. This is another function of the network of entrepreneurs, provide a broad knowledge base to allow not only a comprehensive overview of the environment that surrounds the small entrepreneurs, as well as disclose ways, cultures, practices and methodologies that facilitate their interaction on global and local market.
Another important point is the location. Increasingly the location is delegated to the background of importance, in the context of globalization. It's common working group of multinational companies have on team composition elements that are located in various points globe. It's also common practice to globalized production (example: automotive industry). It, also, It's common for call centres (telephone centres) physically located in a country (Explo: India) meet customers in other countries.
As a corollary of the previous statement, We believe that the definition of local productive arrangements marshalliana (APLs or Clusters in English) will take for a new definition of "virtual clusters", namely, that as clusters of companies with the same economic dynamics will not have the premise of physical proximity or a strong relationship with the local actors. This is where the new economy and the evolution of social networks will have one of its influence.
Relationship social networking and business development
The reflections below were based on an article AT&T whose title is "The Business Impacts of Social Networking" (1).
Some assumptions about social networks before glossing over its influence in business:
- The tools available have increased largely active connections between people. However there are studies, among them, the Dunbar number that stipulates how the human limit to have around 148 connections (relationships) stable. I wonder if you can still consider this limitation to the digital natives and with new technologies?
- On the network you can virtually in six steps to contact any person connected in the network. Namely, the person who knows a third who knows another that can put you in touch with who you want.
- The weakest links (on the network) create more value than the strong links. Namely, concludes that it is easier to develop business with value creation with people who don't have strong ties to connection (relationship).
- Long Tail (long tail). Instead of focusing on campaigns to achieve a specific mass potential customers with a popular product, There is a similar market for various products that meet various market niches. This is one of the new concepts of the new economy.
- The digital natives, namely, who was born with the internet, cell phones, and a ubiquitous technology available. The effect that this generation will bring to the market, to the customs, future needs and aspirations is still in the process of formation and evolution.
How companies will change, If you want to survive in this new economy and with the influence of social networks?
- They have to change their way of communicating, will use multimedia, having a presence on the network and to exercise the interactivity. Start by the presence on the network, develop interactivity, There will be an involvement of all stakeholders (stakeholders) the actions and results of the company and she will tend to a behavior (actions and responsibility) common and sustainable in the long term.
- Companies will change your vision, change your organization and develop collective intelligence with participation of employees, customers and suppliers.
- The relationship in network will be a key factor for the excellence of employees because it will be a source of information to enhance the knowledge and capabilities. The functional mobility increases and the motivations and functional career will be adapted to the new reality.
- Systems and telecommunications suffer mutations and adapt to these changes will differ from company to company.
- Social networks can increase the profit.
What are the challenges associated with these transformations in the context of companies?
- A new concept of return on investment (ROI) should be applied. The change will be more forward-thinking Web sociological 2.0, What is the "network" of social networks, the collaborative and community spirit and the development of collective intelligence (Orkut, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, blogs, Twitter, Wikis, etc.).
- New perspective of security and how to implement it without harming the intra and inter company interactions.
- Intellectual property rights will be another critical point. From the moment that develops collaborative intelligence, as, who and what should be governed by the law of rights and intellectual property rights.
- The adoption of new philosophies, technology and vision for employees. There is an inertia and resistance to new (to change) natural to human beings, because this change brings uncertainty and instability.
- Storage capacities and location information will have new settings, Dimensioning and strategies.
- Interoperation with the development of collaborative actions between companies, customers and suppliers will induce the creation of more processes and exchange of messages and information that will enable and obey the authentication policies without change the security levels of internal and external communications of the companies.
- Speed is a key factor. In the case of article At&T, the reference is in relation to the development time of an application and its stage of ripeness. However, extending the spectrum, the development of any product or service, as well as the upgrade of the tools that companies use to develop your business will have to be updated (the) in record times, which leads to the need to redesign the processes of risk assessment and as well as the development of new products.
- The increased mobility on the job will be a challenge for companies with regard to maintaining the intellectual capital in the company.
- How to capture value with the adoption of social networks will be a challenge. The fragile balance between managing the activities and interactions to capture value and not extrapolate the limits not to enter the field of invasion of privacy and monitoring/listen (Explo: Big Brother) will be another critical point.
(1) -Available in: http://blog.earlystrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/WP-soc_17172_V02_10-16.pdf